What is Your Online Reputation?
Your online image is NOT just your business website. There is much more to it. Google says this:
“Your online identity is determined not only by what you post, but also by what others post about you — whether a mention in a blog post, a photo tag or a reply to a public status update,” - Google
In a nutshell, your online reputation is made up of everything about your business that exists online. The range of materials that could potentially impact your business’ online reputation is broader than you might realize at first. Here are just some components of your online image:
1. Comments made about your business on social media such as Twitter or Facebook
2. Images about your business online
3. Videos about your business (Good or Bad) on YouTube and elsewhere
4. Posts and articles published online about your business
5. Geo-location information broadcast through services like Foursquare
6. Comments that others make about you in social media or in blog posts
7. Images of your business that others publish on social media
Even what people say in an email or through instant messaging could potentially be copied and made public.
Why Online Reputation Matters to Local Business
Many local businesses have found themselves in the unenviable position of being lied about, falsely accused, slandered, and attacked online. It’s a growing problem.
The cost is immediate, staggering, and long term.
Here are some common internet search facts you should know about:
- 95% of internet users do not search past the first page of search engine results.
- 80% of the United States population researches a product on the internet before purchasing.
- 72% of those that research will not buy if there’s a negative comment
It’s possible that by making a few small changes, you could see huge results. So please, give me a call at 01531 828200 and we can set up a time to meet and discuss what we can do to maintain and improve your reputation online